Do you want a prospective client to sign an engagement letter? Do you want the IRS to see things your way? To have your manager approve your proposal for a new initiative? When you write for results, you are writing to persuade. In this fascinating workshop, you will learn the three major modes of persuasion (ethos, pathos, and logos) and how to harness them. You’ll discover how to target the “hot buttons” of your readers, choosing costs and benefits that will spur them to action. Additionally, you’ll master a classic way of writing introductions and begin to draft a persuasive document of your own.
• Identify appeals to character, emotion, and logic in samples.
• Identify topics of emotional intensity to a reader of a document you are planning. • Identify the inner questions of your reader.
• Apply the structure of Situation, Complication, Question, and Answer in composing an introduction
• Write the opening sentences of a persuasive document
• Persuasive writing • Business writing • Practice development
Partners, managers and staff.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.