Performance appraisals often leave companies and employees dissatisfied; the continuation of this methodology remains a mystery. Performance appraisals don’t drive careers and are an incidental effect of other dynamic systems. In essence, appraisals are the paper-shuffling ritual that sanctifies decisions already made. Learn why it’s a legal myth that performance appraisals protect you from litigation; why appraisals instinctively focus on weaknesses, not strengths; why annually is too infrequent to evaluate and provide feedback to staff—and how the process can be improved and be more meaningful.
• Identify how to conduct an After Action Review.
• Recognize the fundamentals of Peter Drucker’s Manager’s Letter.
• Identify why knowledge workers are different.
• Identify how to reward knowledge workers for the value they create, not the time they spend.
• Recognize how not to demotivate your workforce.
• Determine the real difference between efficiency and effectiveness.
• Annual performance appraisal replacements
• Key predictive indicators
• Innovative compensation plans
• Implementing Peter Drucker’s Orchestra
• Secrets of the “gifted boss”
• A better idea than classifying people as Gen X, Y or Z
Executives, directors, managers and supervisors.
This webinar is produced by AICPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.