An in-depth look at retirement needs models, their flaws, and ways to overcome associated drawbacks. Review holistic retirement planning while reviewing threats to a successful retirement. Review recent retirement planning changes, including the elimination of the “Stretch IRA” by the SECURE Act. Address key questions to plan a comfortable retirement. Discuss strategies to draw down retirement assets over an extended period. Review leading retirement accumulation and decumulation approaches, and how to incorporate them into an effective distribution plan that mirrors client goals.
• Determine how to make retirement planning an area of expertise in your practice.
• Discuss planning opportunities created by the SECURE Act.
• Identify traditional retirement planning assumptions, methods, and techniques.
• Identify how recent legislative changes and research findings are changing the pre- and post-retirement advice offered to clients.
• Recognize withdrawal techniques that can help extend the distribution period.
• Determine how to integrate a retirement plan distribution strategy with a Social Security claiming strategy.
• The downside of traditional retirement asset accumulation strategies.
• Threats to a successful retirement.
• Holistic retirement planning: how personal goals integrate with tax, estate, risk, and investment management principles.
• Matching investment assets with the appropriate retirement plan and distribution strategy.
• Review the provisions of the SECURE Act and how they will impact retirement planning.
CPAs, financial advisers, attorneys and insurance professionals.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.