Master the preparation of the individual income tax return! Understand the basics, with a focus on the law and compliance forms associated with Form 1040. An overview of the process for new preparers. A refresher for the more seasoned professional.
• Identify all of the individual income tax series 1040 and basic schedules and know when each form is used.
• Identify the major individual income tax items that most taxpayers report each year.
• Be familiar with source documents and how to use these documents to complete form 1040.
• Calculate the income tax liabilities of individual taxpayers with common individual tax items.
• Be familiar with resources that are available to assist the practitioner in identifying and then resolving individual income tax questions.
• Reinforce concepts through the use of basic quick case studies.
• Emphasize form 1040 and the accompanying reporting schedules for a basic individual income tax return.
• Identify and be able to implement basic individual income tax planning ideas for clients.
• Familiarity with several source documents utilized in the preparation of an individual income tax return.
• Identify common errors made in the preparation of an individual income tax return and understand how to avoid the errors in the future.
New Tax Preparers and Experienced Staff seeking a refresher.
Basic understanding of individual income taxation.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.