The statement of cash flows is a critical component of a company’s set of financial statements. Cover the proper preparation of the statement, including analysis techniques. Learn how financial statements enable CPAs and financial professionals to see the cash inflows and outflows of a business relating to operating, investing and financing activities, and evaluation of liquidity and quality of earnings. Case studies and sample documentation reinforce major concepts and help participants apply the analysis techniques discussed.
• Recognize how to prepare a cash flow statement.
• Determine how to differentiate between operating, investing and financing cash flows.
• Identify issues to comply with cash flow statement reporting requirements included in GAAP Codification Topic No. 230.
• Determine how to effectively analyze the cash flow statement when assessing entity performance.
• Major provisions of GAAP Codification Topic No. 230
• Statement classification issues
• Reporting operating cash flows: Direct and indirect methods
• Preparing the statement: Workpaper techniques
• Useful cash flow ratios
• Bankruptcy prediction using the statement of cash flows
CPAs and financial professionals.
General knowledge in Excel.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.