Seniors face issues that complicate return preparation and planning. When to apply for social security? How is it taxed? What if they continue to work? Will an increased standard deduction affect charitable planning? Will downsizing affect interest and property tax deductions and payments? How can they help children or grandchildren pay for a home or a college education?
• Recognize the effect of Social Security on retirement
• Identify strategies for tax-deductible expenditures
• Determine how retirement distribution requirements can impact the overall retirement strategy
• Identify alternatives to achieve family objectives
• Income for seniors: earned and investment
• Deductions: bunching, tracing, minimizing
• Effect of income tax strategies on an estate plan
Staff at all levels focused on planning financial planners recommending retirement strategies.
Experience in individual tax preparation and planning. General knowledge of social security and other retirement vehicles.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.