Business leaders often view an Internal Control system as a security measure. But a well-designed system can also drive entity objectives. Learn to design a strong, well-supported system, leveraging years of experience as well as key concepts from authoritative pronouncements and frameworks. Explore strategies to address new business challenges including evolving markets, rapid changes in business, and increasing governmental and industry-based regulation. Those working with internal controls should attend.
• List important components and sub-components of an Internal Control System. • Recognize how risk affects such things as strategy and business direction.
• Define important concepts such as “Risk Appetite”, “Framing Risk”, and “Risk Tolerance”.
• Explain how the control environment can help or hinder the operation of control measures in use at an entity.
• List important steps that an organization can undertake, specifically related to control development that can drive the direction of the entity.
• An overview of Control Frameworks and concepts
• Strategy considerations that can be incorporated into control development • Understanding and controlling risk that arises when organizations change or choose not to
Accounting and business professionals working with Internal Controls.
A basic understanding of internal control concepts.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.