External auditors only detect 3-5% of all fraud incidences. Get pragmatic guidance on detecting fraud. Discuss where fraud is most likely to occur. Learn to conduct inquiries and direct the audit in the areas of greatest concern; those most likely to be abused by perpetrators.
• Determine how is fraud detected.
• Recognize the impact of professional pronouncements on finding fraud.
• Identify the largest area of financial statement abuse.
• Identify fraud in business.
• Identify fraud prevention.
• Recognize auditor liability and auditor defenses.
• Identify recent litigation affecting accountant’s liability.
• How is fraud detected?
• The role of external auditors in finding fraud
• Revenue recognition issues
• Corrupt management
• Data mining
• Physical and biometric controls
Accountants, auditors and financial professionals.
Knowledge or experience in the field of Ethics comparable to the ethics exam required to obtain the CPA Certificate.
This webinar is produced by CalCPA. You will receive your login link/instructions and Certificate of Attendance directly from this third-party vendor. It is important that you review your COCPA confirmation for details on receiving your login instructions and COA from said vendor.