In this course Walter will review current year developments, recurring problems, and planning ideas. Using a combination of humor and examples, he will focus on tax developments that affect 2018 individual income tax return preparation and planning. As time permits, we will also review the major areas of individual income taxation to fine tune practitioners for “tax season.”
● 600+ page manual containing a discussion of most major areas of individual income taxation.
● Where applicable, a segment in each chapter of relevant changes under the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.”
● Checklist of individual tax provisions expiring after 2018.
● Checklist of effective dates of significant legislative tax changes impacting individuals.
● Checklist of individual tax developments first effective in 2018.
● Checklist of 2018 developments that may warrant amended returns.
This Course is Designed to:
The course includes a 600+ page reference manual with each chapter containing basic rules, selected items of interest, 2018 developments, planning ideas, and listings of related IRS forms and publications. Where applicable, each chapter of the manual includes a segment devoted entirely to the Impact of “TCJA-2017” on that chapter’s topic.
Key provisions of the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017” (TCJA-2017), including:
At least one tax season experience.