Workpapers support the creation of a tax return. Practitioners must provide proper data for their work, through accurate documentation of the position taken on a return and by providing authoritative support for it. This documentation not only impacts the preparer, but is required by the IRS to complete a proper audit of the return. This CPE course will help you appropriately and adequately prepare, organize and understand workpapers.
▪ Learn to interpret document tax return information and correctly organize workpapers.
▪ Know which workpapers are appropriate for specific tax situations.
▪ Understand how to prepare an Accrual to Cash Conversion Workpaper.
▪ Execute efficient and meaningful research within tax online services.
▪ Source of data for tax adjustments from books
▪ Authority documentation
▪ Case studies – good and bad workpapers