Overview: This session will help practitioners recognize unique tax opportunities and pitfalls for taxpayers in the agriculture industry. Our education sessions give tax professionals a forum to discuss current issues affecting their farm and ranch clients.
Major Subjects:* Current developments in farm tax compliance and planning
* Tax planning using Section 179, bonus depreciation and the tangible property regulations
* LLC structuring for self-employment tax savings
Not covered: Farm Service Agency (FSA) rules and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) program limits
Objective:* Apply key tax planning concepts to farm and ranch taxation (cash accounting methods unique to agriculture, issues of constructive receipt, deferred payments, and prepaid expenses)
* Understand the planning opportunities related to the 3.8 percent net investment income tax for farmers and farm landlords
* Understand the self-employment tax treatment for Conservation Reserve Program recipients
* Recognize issues associated with reimbursement plans under the Affordable Care Act
* Communicate the most up-to-date information on tax reform efforts
Designed For: Tax practitioners representing farmers and ranchers who need to be aware of new federal tax legislation, IRS guidance, and recent court decisions.
Prerequisites:2 years of experience with farm tax return preparation
Member/Nonmember Fees:395 / 550
CPE:Taxes 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
7887 E Belleview Ave
Denver, CO 80111
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.