When an organization fails, it is usually due to several factors. These often result from a number of undetected, poor practices that infect and grow throughout the entire organization. They can include a lack of understanding of costs, poor asset allocation, systems that support the status quo, failure to identify risk, tunnel vision by management, and so on. Often, management will repeat poor practices across the enterprise. For example, do you think a so-called “budgeting crisis” is normally due to the budget, or actually hidden, existing problems that were uncovered due to the budgeting process? This course demonstrates the use of practices and techniques specifically designed to assist CPAs and other financial professionals in adding value to their company through improved decision-making, cost management, understanding business cycles, managing continuous improvements, cash management, and risk management. Examples of actions by both successful and failed organizations are used throughout the session.
• Techniques and ideas to establish and maintain an effective organization
• Examples of successful and failed companies as a source of learning
• Identification of broad measures that provide insights into the direction of the economy
• Practical ideas to improve forecasting
• Framework and methods to uncover and manage risk
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Identify and correct practices that can negatively impact an organization.
• Determine and measure cost drivers and trends.
• Recall how to navigate an organization through the business cycle.
• Apply and manage a variety of improvement programs.
• Apply cash management activities and consolidate them into an organization’s plans.
• Identify and identify how to manage risk throughout the enterprise.
Prerequisites:Management experience in accounting, finance, or operations
Member/Nonmember Fees:159 / 199
CPE:Management Services 4 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.